Saturday, February 20, 2010

hazey daze






What im wearing
Dress: Op shop altered
Shoes: Gift from Rose
Brooches: Op shop, made by me, Trademe
Belt: Rose's
Sunglasses: The round ones I bought off Trademe
Bracelets: Gift from Alice , gift from Emily
Watering can: green dinosaur bought from the warehouse
photos taken by me on timer haha

The sun was shining and the cicadas singing and that just made me feel all summery inside! I recently bought this dress form the local op shop and it was awkward ankle grazing length so I chopped it only to realise when I tried it on that it was waaay to short ( I think I must have been leaning over when I made the snip) I was so horrified that I had ruined the dress that had so much potential! but then i had the awesome thought to make a frill around the bottom so with the cut off piece I cut it in half longways and gathered it. You can see the result perfect length and a nice touch to an otherwise basic dress I think. I wore this into town (Waiuku) to get an ice-cream and walk around in the sunshine eating it with emily who wore an equally cool outfit (a 60's yellow, orange and green plaid cut out dress).

No comments:

Post a Comment